Monday, January 24, 2011

I have an award--my first one!!

I have my first award today given to me by a friend of mine, Kelly!  It is the stylish blogger award. I don't know much about awards or blogs for that matter, as you can tell, but I am honored and excited to play along!! Thank You Kelly!!! Check out Kelly's blog at http://meandyougirl.blogspot.com/

Here are the rules for acceptance of the award:


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award other bloggers.

4. Contact bloggers and tell them about the award.

Seven Things About Myself:

1.  I love Showtime and HBO shows, but refuse to pay for them so I have to always wait until they come out on Netflix, and then I get OBSESSED, watch them all very quickly, and then get extremely sad that they are over!  The shows that you need to check out are:
CALIFORNICATION--Good ol' David Duchovny as Hank Moody

TRUE BLOOD--Bill and Sookie (or Sookay) as Bill would say

UNITED STATES OF TARA--I have talked about this one before.  Dissociative Identity Disorder or Formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder is the main theme.. That alone makes it a great show plus hilarious storylines and fantastic actors. 

WEEDS--It has been FORREVVEERR since I saw this show.  I am hoping Season 6 comes out soon. I have always been a fan on Mary-Louise Parker, but that is just an added bonus to the crazy stories on this show.
(I cannot get this picture of Mary-Louise Parker to center, ugggghhhh!)

See full size image







SEX AND THE CITY (I know it is over, but I can watch reruns over and over--Regardless what mood you are in, or what stage of life you are in, you can relate)
I can go on and on about the writing on this show, and think that it is brilliant!



2.  I am a nail biter. A gross disgusting habit which is crazy for me to have considering I have a phobia of germs and go through hand sanitizer like it is nothing.  Right now my nails are actually pretty long (long for me), and I am loving them.  Painting my nails helps for me not to bite them, but if I get something I am worried about in my head, hope is all lost and the nails are gone.

3.  I love to read blogs about remodeled homes and renovations. I can spend hours on the couch with  my laptop and dream about owning some hard core power tools and doing something creative. Takes me back to my advanced shop days when I used to ask for a bandsaw for my birthday.

4.  I love to cook and read recipe books. If it has too many ingredients though then I skip right over it. But more importantly I love to eat.  I am always thinking about my next meal, what it is going to be, and when I can get it. My favorite foods are nachos, pizza, Mexican food, and ice cream...mmm, my stomach is growling!

5.  If you have read my blog, then you may recall my first post about my New Year's Resolutions, and the one about flossing.  I am embarrassed (not really) to admit that I have only flossed once since January 1st, but proud to say that I went to the dentist this past weekend, and got an A+ on my teeth. The question about flossing was not even asked, though of course I would have responded with my stand-by response of "Not as often as I should"  Take that flossers!

6.  I love to go on vacation, but I think I love the anticipation of going somewhere even more.. Right now though nothing is on the calendar (insert tear and pouty lip)

7.  And last, but not least. I am in love with my dogs!!.  Here is Oscar and Reggie coming in from our last (and  hopefully last of the season--yeah right!) snowstorm.  A snowstorm in Kentucky qualifies as a few snowflakes that stick to the ground.  We've had a few of them this year...back to the pups--here is a picture.


Now, my job for receiving this award requires me to send this to other bloggers.  Here is who now will receive this award for their STYLISH BLOG:

http://pinkloulou-confessionsofa20something.blogspot.com/

http://smartandsassywithsprinkles.blogspot.com/

http://lilacsandavocados.blogspot.com/

http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/

http://vintagesparklechic.blogspot.com/

Hope you all play along, and thanks again Kelly!!Stylish Blogger Award

2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE your list! (And thank you SO much for the award!) I am totally with you on the getting addicting to shows and then literally being so sad they're over. As a kid I used to cry when I'd finished a book lol. Have a fabulous rest of the week!

Jenny said...

Thanks to you I'm addicted to all of those shows too!! Well except for True Blood. And Reggie & Oscar are SO precious!!